Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A House Filled With Music

There are a lot of links in this post, but I promise they're all worth following!

We've had a house filled with music today.  I've always been incredibly impacted by music.  From as far back as I can remember, I've loved singing.  I have a vivid memory of singing "Elvira" & "Footloose" in the car.  I also sang "Smooth Operator", even though I didn't understand why she was singing about a telephone operator not having rough skin.  Now that my taste has been sanctified, I sing "Before the Cross" & "To Christ the Lord".  Music can make me soar with joy or cry with sorrow or thankfulness.  I've experienced all of this with what we've listened to today!

Right now, I'm being serenaded by the men from Together for the Gospel (T4G).  We listened to The God We Praise earlier in the car & 2 different CDs from Aaron Keyes first thing this morning as we were getting ready for the day.  I've shared two of those songs in earlier posts, one of which makes me cry each & every time with thankfulness that I'm clothed in Christ's righteousness.  Here's another that makes me cry, too, in a very good way.  Take the time to listen & weep over your sin & God's forgiveness.  It's wonderfully worshipful & cleansing.

0 comments: