Tuesday, October 18, 2011

10 Reasons Why the New NIV Bible is Bad for Women ~ Mary Kassian

I'm so sorry for my long absence!  Trust me, it's not by choice.  Our desktop computer died all of a sudden a couple of Thursdays ago.  We're able to get online with our laptop, but for some weird reason, the laptop isn't all that fond of letting me access this blog.  Thankfully, it seems to be in a good mood on that front today!  I have no idea when our desktop will be fixed, but hopefully it will be soon, because I have lots I want to share with y'all!

Today, it's an article by Mary Kassian on Girls Gone Wise.  Have you visited this site yet?  You really, really should!  The articles & resources are incredible!  Case in point, this one on the new gender-inclusive NIV Bible.  John Piper even brings it to everyone's attention on Facebook.  Mary's conclusion?

"So ladies, please don’t jump on the gender-inclusive Bible bandwagon. Be hip. Be courageous. Be politically incorrect. Insist on a Bible that accurately translates gender language – like the ESV, Holman Christian Standard, or New America Standard. Because in the end, inclusive language, and inclusive language Bibles, are bad for women."  (emphasis mine)

Please read the whole post; her 10 reasons why gender-inclusive Bibles are bad for women are excellent & well worth pondering.

0 comments: