Monday, January 24, 2011

A Poem for Suffering

I don't troll through my bookmarked blogs as religiously as I used to, but I'm so glad that I decided to just now, because I ran across a very sweet - though sad - post on GirlTalk that you simply must read.  The following poem will have an even greater impact if you do.

There's substance that's casting these shadows
There's reason behind all this pain
All gold is made pure by refining
And plants cannot grow without rain

He's promised to hold you and keep you
He's told you that He's always there
His Word says He'll never forsake you
Or test you past what you can bear

So trust in Him all through this darkness
Hold fast to the truth of His Word
Be certain of His gracious promise
And rest in Christ Jesus our Lord

For one day all pain shall be broken
Renewed shall be joy that was lost
All death, pain and fear have been conquered
Because of His death on the cross

~Amy Calderone

0 comments: