Saturday, June 12, 2010

Recipe of the "Week"

I can imagine my Dad's reproving glance over serving this meal in the summer. Astonishingly, even though I know that anything cooked is hot, I have somehow adopted his belief that some things - like chili & a full range of soups - are better served in colder weather. I guess you can't successfully fight your upbringing all the time. Not on the really important things. However, for this dish, I gladly make an exception! So, for your enjoyment (now or in colder weather - I'll let you choose), I present. . .

Taco Soup

Ingredients:

-1 lb. ground beef
-2 cans pinto beans
-2 cans dark or light kidney beans (or both, if you like more beans. You'll just need to add an extra T of both the Ranch & Taco seasonings to compensate for the extra liquid.)
-2 cans corn
-2 cans Rotel
-1 packet or 3 T Ranch seasoning
-1 packet or 3 T Taco seasoning

Directions:

-Cook meat in a large skillet until brown & crumbly.
-Combine meat with all other ingredients in a Crock Pot. Stir thoroughly to fully incorporate the seasonings.
-Cook on low all day.
-Serve over Fritos with a topping of grated cheddar cheese & sour cream. For a lower calorie, more healthy version, simply omit this step!

0 comments: