Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Don't Waste Your Life ~ Lecrae



Okay, so this style of music is not typically my cup of tea.  However, I love this song!  Seriously!  I can listen to it over & over & over.  I do sometimes have to look at the lyrics to understand everything he's saying in the really fast parts.  What stuns me about this music is the rock-solid biblical lyrics.  When I think of rap (or is it hip-hop & what's the difference?), I think of very immoral things being "sung" about.  There is debate about whether this genre can be redeemed or not.  I don't know what the experts say, but to hear about Christ, Paul, & eschewing the world for Christ-centered living seems pretty redeemed to me.  Not at all what I expected.  And that's what makes it all the more pleasing.  I've heard more biblical truth in songs like these than in some pulpits.  And that's shocking indeed.

0 comments: