Friday, November 12, 2010

Getting to Know Me

One of my blog friends writes "Getting to Know the Blogsterette" posts.  I thought that might be a good way to sort of lighten the mood over here.  So, I'm going to share some things that you may not know about me.  This is just as it comes to me, so it'll probably be pretty random.  ;-)

     -I majored in voice before becoming an education major.

     -I am terrified of spiders.  Watching "Arachnophobia" in theaters was a seriously bad idea.

     -I let go of relationships easily.

     -I love creaky screen doors & porch swings.

     -I hate the feeling of uncooked egg whites on my hands.

     -The sound of Styrofoam is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

     -I toured Germany, Austria, Italy, France, & Switzerland with a national honor chorus when I was 18.  I was the only chorus member from LA.

     -I have absolutely no patience for drama.

     -I am a carbohydrate fanatic.

     -I am very tender-hearted.

     -I love movies based on books unless I've read the books first, but tend to like both if I watch the movies first.  So, I love the Harry Potter books & hate the movies, whereas I love both the Lord of the Rings books & movies.

     -I lose patience very quickly & always regret it.

     -I like to watch movies repeatedly until I can quote them.

     -I've read all of Jane Austen's novels, of which Pride & Prejudice is my favorite.

     -I have never read or seen Gone With the Wind.

     -I am a typically optimistic person.

     -I like to have organized closets, cabinets, drawers, etc.

     -I am a consummate homebody.

     -I have a hereditary sarcastic sense of humor.

     -Unless serious, I laugh when people hurt themselves (also hereditary).

     -I'm wild about candles & will spend hours smelling them.

This is probably more than you'd ever want to know about me, so even though I could go on, I won't.  Thanks for stopping by.  I hope y'all have a great day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I could definitely read a list about you and not get bored. Thank you for sharing what you have on this first post of "Getting to Know the Bungalowsterrete." My favorite is the Jane Austen one (just because I like her books as well). That is neat to know your passion and enjoyment with music. Again, thanks for posting...I await more! God bless you!!

Anonymous said...

How long have you lived in the South? And you still haven't seen Gone With the Wind? Add that one to your movie &/or book queue. It's one of my favorites.

The Boyds said...

Thanks, Elizabeth! You're such an encouragement!

The Boyds said...

Haha! Born & raised, my dear. I never fail to get shocked responses to this news. I will watch it eventually. I promise! ;-)

KJ said...

You and Lynn could be great friends, although she read Gone with the Wind 11 times before graduating high school (and twice since we have been married).

KJ

The Boyds said...

I would so love to get to know her better, really for both of us to get to know y'all both better. We already adore your entire family!