Friday, September 16, 2011

Our Nephew, the Gentleman

 He'll probably kill me, but this is one of my favorite pictures of Bradley!  And just for the record, no, he is most assuredly not an Auburn fan!

Have I ever told y'all about our nephew, Bradley?  He is one smart fella, let me tell you!  But even better than that - much better than that - he's a gentleman.  Already, at the ripe old age of 16, this young man puts a lot of older men to shame when it comes to treating women - even his younger sisters - with respect.  Rarely have I seen him not open a door for us females, & it's usually because his father or uncle get there first.  Michael & I spent a good portion of yesterday up in the big city with this side of our family, & one thing really struck me when we were all leaving.  Before getting into the car himself, Bradley made sure his mother was settled in the driver's seat first!  "Did you see that?!", I crooned to Michael, "He's such a gentleman!"  A while back, I met the family at a gas station for a milk exchange, & when I set out to pump my own gas (Michael wasn't there), Bradley was having none of it.  He told me that wasn't my place & did it for me!  These are just a few examples.  Is he great, or what?!

1 Peter 3:7 exhorts men to "[show] honor to the woman as the weaker vessel".  I've heard Mark Driscoll explain that men are like Thermoses & women are like crystal goblets.  Personally, I'm rather partial to being treated more like crystal than a Thermos!  ;-)  I'm pleased that Bradley's already being shown how to treat women respectfully & look forward to the day when his wife will reap the benefits of his early training.  For now, I'm just enjoying an opportunity to brag on our gentlemanly nephew!  We love you, Bradley!

0 comments: